Friday, November 30, 2007

Connect the dots

The Bible says we are “fearfully and wonderfully made.” Among the amazing parts of our design is the “Reticular Activating System”, that part of the brainstem that plays a central role in bodily and behavioral alertness. It’s the part of you that decides what you are going to be aware of. It’s the part of you that notices all the red Ford Explorers on the road after you buy one. Or the part of you that senses the presence of God everywhere you turn once you decide to be serious about your spirituality. It connects the dots around you. I think that needs to be a regular prayer request for me: that God will help me to connect the dots today. The activity that I am involved in this morning will affect my response to the activity I am involved in this afternoon or tonight.
It seems to me that God has given us this system for a good reason. Many of the connections we need to make can only happen when we have come through other connection points. In college there were pre-requisite classes before you could sign up for the advanced class. I think my connection point of this blog each morning is fascinating because of the global nature of the connection. You might be reading this from anywhere on earth through the internet. May God bless you as you “Connect the Dots”.

No comments: