Friday, April 25, 2008

Attitude Adjustment

James MacDonald wrote:

"An attitude is simply a pattern of thinking formed over a long period of time. It is not a product of our genes or circumstances. It’s our choice-which means we can change it."

Fairly often, I find myself in the need of an “Attitude Adjustment”. If I want to soar high I need to keep adjusting it. Trimming the flaps on an airplane adjusts the way that the wind affects the wing and holds you in the desired attitude. Correctly adjusted for the wind, you can stay there without a fight. If the adjustment is not correct, you can maintain flight, but it is a constant battle because the aircraft constantly wants to go up or down.

Life application of this for me is to check my attitude on a regular basis ( several times a day ) and to allow God to make the necessary corrections without me whining about it or fighting the correction. As a perfect parent, God knows the way through the problems of life.

An old chorus from Sunday night church many years ago:

My Lord knows the way through the wilderness
All I have to do is follow
My Lord knows the way through the wilderness
All I have to do is follow

Strength for today is mine all the way
And all I need for tomorrow
My Lord knows the way through the wilderness
All I have to do is follow

No comments: