Monday, July 14, 2008

Champion the Cause

We had the opportunity yesterday to hear from some of our church teenagers who just returned from an exciting week of camp. I sent an email to our district youth director telling him this was one fired up group of kids. It’s like they have God by the tail and they are not letting go. These young people have a desire to be world changers. Since I am still a “Youth” pastor at heart, I am excited about the opportunity to champion their cause. Passing the baton to the next generation needs to be done efficiently and securely. I see a generation waiting and ready to take it and run. They have been training and conditioning. They pray for their friends and they give everything they can. They unashamedly sing:

So I'll stand
With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One who gave it all

So I'll stand
My soul Lord to You surrendered
All I am is Yours


I say we get behind them and get the baton into their hands as soon as we can and then cheer them on with every ounce of strength we have.

No comments: