Friday, January 2, 2009

OOF-DA

Already we have moved into the second day of the New Year. I have managed to eat my way through the Christmas holiday season and now I am eating the crumbs that have fallen onto the table. Some of the crumbs are still the size of pies, cakes and loaves of bread. Corning Ware dishes filled with leftovers of candied yams, ham, mashed potatoes, and veggies, cover the refrigerator shelves and one by one the containers disappear like the Egg Nog carton after the last drop was squeezed out. Last night we dug out a frozen pizza because it sounded good and we were “needing” an 8 pm snack. It brings to mind the old Norwegian word, “OOF-DA”. It’s time to slap myself out of this vicious cycle and cut out the extra meals. Got an invite out to supper tonight ( YES!!!!! ) so I think I’ll wait until tomorrow to slap myself.

No comments: