Thursday, July 16, 2009

Areas of Lesser talent

I am reading the book,: "Living your Strengths" by Winseman, Clifton and Liesveld. I am finding that knowing and understanding my areas of strength and identifying my areas of "lesser" strength, is an invaluable tool to success. We all have "Signature themes" of talent that bring abundance to our lives. There is a school of thought that encourages spending time in the weaker areas to develop a more balanced life. I am convinced that developing areas of strength will get me to higher ground quicker. "A lesser Talent" becomes a weakness only when we try to use it. As with most things in life, I do better in my weak areas by developing relationships with people who have strengths in those areas. I find that God has placed a wonderful support system around me to help me things that I am not good at.

However...Be careful about jumping to conclusions based on first glance.

The discovery of strength areas is ongoing. I have not exhausted my learning curve on this and in fact, I still find areas that I have more strength than I thought I did. It would be a shame to get through life only to find that a significant area of talent went untapped based on the assumption that it was a weak area. God is into variety and awesome discoveries.

Matthew 7:7-8 Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

No comments: