Friday, July 10, 2009

Where I Stand

My Bible verse this morning was about consistency and responsibility. It energized me.

Joshua 24:15 But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."

It got me to thinking about core values that are enduring. My behavior and decisions will reflect whether or not these core values are alive and well in my life. My satisfaction level will be based on these as well as my definition of success. I want to be easy to trust and be able to have work that fits these values. Some may find me rigid in my beliefs but I am okay with that as long as I can know that my strongly held beliefs are in line with God's will for my life.

No comments: