Thursday, September 24, 2009

Full Throttle

"And what is a man without energy? Nothing-nothing at all."
- Mark Twain

One of the blessings of my life is high energy. I attribute that to God as He has given it as a gift. I found a verse in the Bible that helps me understand where it comes from.

"Come to me with your ears wide open. Listen, for the life of your soul is at stake. I am ready to make an everlasting covenant with you. I will give you all the mercies and unfailing love that I promised to David."
- Isaiah 55:2-3

God is interested in giving us a permanent condition where we can be on the move at full pace when we invest our passions in knowing Him. Many people are operating at full throttle but it is a high that will be short-lived unless we get this passion thing figured out. The world is after a "buzz". They drink the energy drinks but find the crash that follows takes them down later. What once was a raging fire, has dwindled to a few embers and they are going through motions but needing new passions.

As with everything successful, it comes down to relationships. Being diligent in our study of God's Word and in our prayer will build that relationship and be a constant source of the energy we need to stay at full throttle and make the impact.
Each day I must choose whether I am going to be scattered raindrops or a thunderstorm of impact.

No comments: