Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Words are important

I was reading from the Book of James this morning and was reminded that I am to be swift to hear, slow to speak and slow to wrath today. Someone once said that there is a reason that we have two ears and only one mouth. God also designed us such that our tongue is situated behind two barriers: our lips and our teeth. A pastor friend this past weekend used the illustration of trying to put toothpaste back in the tube is easier than taking back words that have been spoken. I have met some people that speak very little but when they do, it is worth listening to. I have met others who speak all the time and say very little worth listening to. I can choose to build up or tear down with my words. My prayer today is that the words of my mouth and the meditation of my hear will be acceptable in God's sight.

No comments: