Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Obstacles carried forward

With only today and tomorrow left in the year, it is a good time to inventory the baggage that may or may not be necessary. My effectiveness is impacted by how open and teachable I am. Once I realize that I don't "know it all", I am in a position to seek wisdom. One of those areas of needed wisdom is the ability to see baggage that is in the form of obstacles. Many of these obstacles have been brought into my life as a result of my own actions. I cannot always blame someone else. Unfinished problems of the past that just get packed up and carried forward to be dealt with later can reduce efficiency and bog me down today. These can come in the form of errors in judgement, ineffective traditions or unrepented sins. I need courage to deal with them and the end of the year is a great time to do it.

No comments: