Monday, February 22, 2010

Do Nots

Yesterday in my sermon series on being do-ers of the Word, I listed some of the "Do Nots"

Identity Series
Doers
Today: “Things to Not Do”


There is a hunger in those in touch with God to express worship in new ways.
John 20:19-21
“…As the Father has sent me, even so I am sending you.”Be Patient and wait for the signal from God

Do Not’s in Genesis:

Gen 19:17 “And as they brought them out, one said, “Escape for your life. Do not look back or stop anywhere in the valley.
Gen 19:22 “Escape there quickly, for I can do nothing till you arrive there.”
Gen. 26:2 “And the Lord appeared to him and said, “Do not go down to Egypt; dwell in the land of which I shall tell you.”
Gen. 43:23…“Peace to you, do not be afraid…
Gen. 45:5 “And now do not be distressed or angry with yourselves because you sold me here, for God sent me before you to preserve life.”
Gen 45:9 “Hurry and go up to my father and say to him, ‘Thus says your son Joseph, God has made me lord of all Egypt. Come down to me; do not tarry.”
Gen 45:24 “Then he sent his brothers away, and as they departed, he said to them, “Do not quarrel on the way.”

Things to remember in the “Doing Not” arena:

God’s call is individual. Task # 1 is to listen for ours.
Call to intimate relationship
Call to have the heart of the Father
Call to wait until we have heard

Call to send ( John 20:21- “As the Father has sent me, I am sending you”)
We need to know who God is calling us to reach and wait until He sends us.

No comments: