Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Details, Details !

“Breaking the code is about seeing the unchurched through three different sets of lenses that include people groups, population segments, and cultural environments. It is about seeing that our work as the church is not completed until God’s kingdom has come home to every tribe living within a given context”
- Ed Stetzer/David Putman in the book: Breaking the Missional Code

I recently got new lenses for my bifocals. It was one of those upgrades that was a huge improvement. I could read the small print again. Few things in life are more dangerous than ignoring the small print because our eyes are bad. The real truths come out in the small print of the contract or the label. It is many times written in a kind of code using abbreviations or big words. Generally in life, we either need to get lenses to read the fine print or have someone read it for us. Then I need to apply it and see where I fit in to the mix. Which people group, population segment or cultural environment I am a part of will determine how things affect me. For example, a change in the prime lending rate by the fed doesn’t have much impact on the person who has little money. That same small change can have a huge impact on the millionaire whose fortunes are tied to it.

“Someone asked someone who was about my age: "How are you?" The answer was, "Fine. If you don't ask for details."”

Katharine Hepburn



Details are important. John Wooden once said,
It's the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.”

No comments: