Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Trusting God in difficult times

I have several good friends going through difficult times right now. Some are having health issues, some going through financial difficulties and some feel like their homes are falling apart. I have been praying for bits of encouragement to pass along to them. This morning I was reading a passage of scripture from Isaiah. This will help them as they read it:


Isaiah 43:1-3

"Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. 2 When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. 3 For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.

Thank God for that kind of a promise. That’s good news!

No comments: