Thursday, July 31, 2008

The spending of time

I read a great little saying this morning about “time”:

“Take time to work-it is the price of success
Take time to think-it is the source of power
Take time to play-it is the secret of youth
Take time to read-it is the foundation of knowledge
Take time to laugh-it is the music of the soul
Take time to be courteous-it is the work of a gentleman
Take time to pray-it is the Christian’s vital breath”

“Teach us to number our days and recognize how few they are; help us to spend them as we should” - Psalm 90:12

We visited last evening with a friend who has recently been diagnosed with cancer. I came away from that visit reminded of the importance of spending time wisely. As I write this at the start of a new day, I have choices to make about my use of the gift of time. I pray that it will not be wasted.

No comments: