Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Easy but not obvious solutions

I enjoy doing crossword puzzles. They stretch my thought process and force me to think outside of the box. Some of the answers are easy but not obvious. When I turn the clue around and look at it from another direction the answer makes sense. I believe that many of God’s answers to prayer are that way. The answer comes but we are looking for it a certain way and we miss His response. Sometimes it is because we only want the answer the way we ordered it and other times it is simply because we aren’t aware of what form the answer arrived. Last year I preached a sermon series on the subject of awareness has opened my eyes to the importance of being aware of God and His interaction with our lives. I cannot explain why or how God would choose to be interested in one individual, but I know that He is. It is part of the miracle of His perfect love. Knowing that, we can face any obstacle today and be aware of God’s answers to prayer. Whether it is yes, no or wait, you can trust that the answer is correct. Proverbs 3:5 and 6 says: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.”

No comments: