Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Just do it!

In the book, “Wild Goose Chase” by Mark Batterson there is a section that gives advice about things we do not need to pray about. Things such as whether or not we should love our neighbor or whether we should give generously. There are some things that God has clearly spoken about and we need to act on it. I really like the quote from Peter Marshall, former chaplain of the United States Senate:

“I wonder what would happen if we all agreed to read one of the Gospels until we came to a place that told us to do something, then went out to do it, and only after we had done it, began reading again? There are aspects of the Gospel that are puzzling and difficult to understand. But our problems are not centered around the things we don’t understand, but rather in the things we do understand, the things we could not possibly misunderstand. Our problem is not so much that we don’t know what we should do. We know perfectly well, but we don’t want to do it.”

I am convinced that nothing, nothing, absolutely nothing is too difficult for God. It’s my job to find out what God tells me is not too difficult for me and then Just do it. I am reading through the book of Jeremiah in the Old Testament this week. This really blessed me this morning:

Jeremiah 32:17 17 "O Sovereign LORD! You made the heavens and earth by your strong hand and powerful arm. Nothing is too hard for you!

No comments: