Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The only thing that really matters

The textbook for a class I finished last week listed some steps for success in life. I know there are hundreds of lists that claim to be right, but this list made sense and was good pondering fodder for me.


1. Find out what God wants you to do. ( may be different tomorrow )

2. Find some friends and share those things with them. (impart the vision)
Watch out for dream killers. Be careful who you share your dreams with.

3. Ask those friends to pray with you and remind you from time to time of what it is God expects.

4. Use these things to form your own mission statement.

5. Recommit yourself to the things God expects of you on a regular basis.

It is important to especially remember that the thing that God wants me to do today may not be my assignment for tomorrow. Society is filled with people trying to replicate yesterday. I am different than I was yesterday. I am uniquely equipped for today’s tasks because of the events and relationships of not only yesterday but of every day of my life to this point. I often tell people that the only thing that really matters is what God wants.
I need to give Him a good “listening to” today.

No comments: