Monday, August 18, 2008

Remembering Jerry

A quote from Abraham Lincoln to start the week:

“I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom, and that of all about me, seemed insufficient for that day.”

It seems the older I get the more often the above scenario is the case. When I was younger I thought I had more answers than I do today. When we walk in the faith of God for a number of years we gain an appreciation for the fact that compared to Him, we know nothing.

Today, I will be sharing some thoughts at a funeral service for a colleague in the ministry. I have only known Jerry for the past 31 years but he was in the ministry of the Gospel for well over 60 years. His kindness to us “young people” in the ministry has been one of those wonderful things that helped me through many of the hurdles of ministry. His smile and energy will be missed by not only his family but also all of those he touched though ministry.

No comments: