Friday, November 7, 2008

Too easily satisfied

I read a line this morning about hunger. It said that contemporary society is hungry for spiritual reality. I am not so sure that this is only a contemporary thing. Man has always desired something real from the spiritual because we are created in the image of God. The Bible says that God is a spirit and our worship needs to be in spirit and in truth. We were created with the need for a relationship with God. It has been referred to as the God- shaped hole. A void that only God can fill. Way back in about 400 AD St. Augustine said, “You have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” Until that relationship is sought and found, there will always be an emptiness at the core of our being. There is a huge significance in knowing God.

One of my favorite Christian artists is Kirk Franklin. In his song “I’ll be Satisfied” , he sings to God in worship:

Any way you bless me
I'll be Satisfied
You can wipe the tears from my eyes and put joy in side

Any way you bless me I won't complain
Power of your spirit ease the pain
Any way...
Any way...I'll be satisfied

Bless my grownin out
And my comin in
Put your spirits round about
And your joy within

Any way...
Any way...I'll be satisfied

Bless my grownin out
And my comin in
Put your spirits round about
And your joy within

Any way...
Any way...I'll be satisfied

Any way
Any way
I’ll Be Satisfied

We must decide today what is going to satisfy us. Let’s go for excellence rather than mediocrity.

No comments: