Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Entrusted with value

I like what I read about leadership in the business community this morning. Business is really all about people. Our ability to deliver amazing customer service is all about people and making them feel motivated, empowered and trusted. They need to feel that they know what is at stake and how they make a difference. This requires me to be honest with myself about what really matters to me and motivates me. I need to be sure that what I am doing is aligned with what I am really all about. Although that is business lingo, it has deep spiritual overtones. The closer I get to God in His Word and in prayer, the more I figure out what I am really all about. I also find out that I am important to God. I have been entrusted with valuable things.

I read all six chapters of the book of 1 Timothy this morning. I really was blessed and encouraged ( and challenged ) by the end of Paul’s letter:

1 Timothy 6:20-21

“ O Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to you, avoiding worldly and empty chatter and the opposing arguments of what is falsely called "knowledge "-- 21 which some have professed and thus gone astray from the faith. Grace be with you. “

No comments: