Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Good Idea

Someone once said that a leader’s primary contribution is in the recognition of good ideas and the support of those ideas. Leaders become the ones who adopt innovation before anyone else does. These are the risk takers who proceed, piling up little victories that build confidence because they actually feel safe because they are in a learning mode. A failure of a new idea has value in the education that comes with it.

I wonder today how many good new ideas will cross my path. I am convinced that every day perhaps every moment of every day contains some of those good ideas. It would be a shame to pass them all up. What if the idea I pass by is a key to success that will change the world. If I truly believe in inspiration from God, I must then conclude that it is an ongoing process. It’s not just a once in awhile thing.

“Jesus Christ is the same, yesterday, today, and forever.”
Hebrews 13:8

No comments: