Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"All In"

“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all
your soul and with all your mind.” This is the first and
greatest commandment. And the second is like it: “Love
your neighbor as yourself.” (Matt. 22:37–40)

Last night I had the privilege of once again attending a meeting of “Blu Cru”, the Campus Crusade for Christ chapter at Iowa Western community College. It was an evening of hearing from young people about their desire to affect their campus for the Kingdom of God. Their theme, that we are either “All in” or we are “Not in at all” is good chewing material. I awakened this morning still thinking about that and desiring to make a difference today by being “All in”.

“It’s fine and politically correct to
believe in God, but to really love Him is a whole different story.”
- Chris Tomlin

Many years ago, when I was very young in the faith, someone asked me a question that I still think about today. “If you were on trial for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?.” I think I need to find ways to do a better job of making my case today.

Francis Chan in his book; “Crazy Love”, makes the following statement about the book in the introduction:

“I hope it affirms your desire for “more God”—even if you are surrounded by people who feel they have “enough God.”

I want more. How about you?

No comments: