Monday, January 26, 2009

Assigned Roles

One of the things that leaders are assigned to do is to assign tasks. Remember that no matter where you are in the leadership ladder, you have leaders above you. I appreciate it when my leaders spend time with me and assign me tasks that compliment my interests and abilities. I need to do the same for those who might be waiting for assignments from me. Generally there is a close connection between one’s interests and one’s abilities. We enjoy doing things we are gifted to do. Some of the most frustrated people I know are the people that are assigned roles by leaders who have not built a solid relationship with them. If you feel weak, incompetent or insignificant, you will likely underperform today. My prayer for you is that you will be given the opportunity to be key figure in your game rather than simply a pawn in someone else’s game. I pray that you will find someone who will put confidence in you today as they share knowledge with you. Your part will be to enthusiastically respond to that with efficiency and appreciation for the opportunity.

…Luke 12:48 “For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required…”

No comments: