Thursday, January 22, 2009

Collaboration

There are some words that stir me just by hearing the word. One such word for me is “collaboration”. Work is more fun and has higher efficiency if there is a co-worker with me. One of the “Leadership Challenge” commitments is to foster collaboration by promoting cooperative goals and building trust. Really, I have found that the ability to compete at a high level in this culture requires that we cannot do it alone. In fact, many of the things that need to be done today extend out to other locations simultaneously. I must have interdependence and trust with the person on the other end. We not only want to like our job, but we also want to feel supported. I believe this concept is built into us by our creator God. A very familiar verse of the Bible tells us that things working together for good is the way God operates.

Romans 8:28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them"

I would suggest that finding someone to labor with today will build yuour life in a positive way.

No comments: