Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Giant Service

It was a great evening of connecting last night as we gathered with many of the pastors, spouses and boards of the churches of Southwest Iowa at the annual Pastor /Board banquet. We had the privilege of rubbing shoulders with some “giants” of the faith as our district leadership shared vision and encouragement with us. We met many of the board members who serve behind the scenes in the Kingdom of God and truly demonstrate the “Aaron and Hur” spirit of support.

Exodus 17:10-13 So Joshua did what Moses had commanded and fought the army of Amalek. Meanwhile, Moses, Aaron, and Hur climbed to the top of a nearby hill. As long as Moses held up the staff in his hand, the Israelites had the advantage. But whenever he dropped his hand, the Amalekites gained the advantage. Moses' arms soon became so tired he could no longer hold them up. So Aaron and Hur found a stone for him to sit on. Then they stood on each side of Moses, holding up his hands. So his hands held steady until sunset. As a result, Joshua overwhelmed the army of Amalek in battle."

There are times I am to let the Aaron and Hur people around me hold my arms up and there are times I am to be holding up the arms of others. My discernment of which mode I am in is extremely important in my life. Ministry is not to be done alone. We need each other. My cousin wrote me a note yesterday about our heritage. She wrote that she feels blessed to live in ” a wonderful family upon whose shoulders we stand.”

I am blessed !

No comments: