Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Chocolate milk and donuts

I have been blessed to live in a day of technology in the area of connections. Networking and connecting happens so easily now with wires, and cyberspace. However, I am reminded that my generation did not invent the concept of connections. The design of the human mind is such that connections are made all the time. Later today I am attending the open house and ribbon cutting at an implement dealership. I still really enjoy talking to farmers and agriculture people. Partially because of my Minnesota farm roots, but also because God is a farmer and I am created in His image. He created man in a garden with soil and plants.

Back to connections, I have a toy tractor on my shelf that came from an open house at an implement dealership that my Grandpa Hazelton and I went to when I was very young. It is one of my earliest memories of an outing with just me and him. If I look at that tractor, I connect in a very real way with the colors, sounds, smells, tastes and feelings of that day. Chocolate covered donuts with chocolate milk lead me to that same connection every time. I love it that God created us with that amazing ability.

I don’t want this to seem like I have gone off the deep end, although I tend to live there, but, in a sense, I will be with my grandpa today. If they have donuts and chocolate milk, you might just find me playing with the toy tractors in the corner.

I am Blessed!!!!!!!

No comments: