Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I didn't know, but I will

Reading this morning in the book, “Crazy Love” by Francis Chan:

“Did you know that a caterpillar has 228 separate and distinct muscles in its head? Thant’s quite a few for a bug. The average elm tree has approximately 6 million leaves on it. And your own heart generates enough pressure as it pumps blood throughout your body that it could squirt blood up to 30 feet….. Have you ever thought about how diverse and creative God is?”

I am glad for the diversity around me. Even at 58 years old, I am still finding new things everyday. Someone once said that variety is the spice of life. There are times I feel like there is too much variety and some predictability would be nice. In those moments, I need to go to the store of sure things. The truths of the Word of God are steady and firm. Looking at the new things around us through the filter of God’s truth gives us a courage to apply the new knowledge wisely.

It excites me that I will know things 24 hours from now that I do not yet know

No comments: