Monday, February 9, 2009

A Wonderful Day

My blogging routine kind of took a hit last week with all the activity in my life. It was one of those great weeks of travel and significance. Being with our son and daughter-in-law to help with the twins while their new baby sister was born was an awesome privilege. I did some travel back and forth and really only ended up taking 2 days of vacation while Ella stayed a few extra days. Yesterday ( Sunday ) is kind of a blur as so many great things got packed into one day. Church was exciting as I was pumped about preaching a message on sacrifice and what it must have been like for Abraham to obey God, without questioning, when he was told to sacrifice Isaac on the altar. That picture of obedience blessed me as I put it together with the sacrifice that God made with His own son, even to the death on the cross. It makes me want to be ready to pass any test God throws at me. He will provide. I can only imagine the emotions of Abraham since the Bible doesn’t share them. It was faith all the way that God knew what He was doing, and that God keeps His promises, no matter what.

Directly after church I headed south, stopping to do the opening prayer at one of our churches that was voting in a new pastor. It was a defining moment for that church and a privilege for me to be with my pastor, the District Superintendent at that meeting. God has great things in store for that church under the leadership of their new pastor whom I have known for many years.

From there, I headed to Missouri for the 4th birthday party of our twin Granddaughters. I made it in time for some of the presents and cupcakes. Part of the blessing of the day was to hold 4 day old Abby and 4 year old Maggie and Emily. I love it that Maggie and Emily did not want us to leave and wanted a firm date as to when we would be back.

Arrived home about 11 pm feeling that we are indeed blessed.

God is Great!!!!!!

No comments: