Tuesday, March 10, 2009

In the midst of activity

I have been enjoying a study of the Gospel of Mark this year. This morning as I was reading in chapter 8, I was reminded of one of the reasons I like this book so much. Jesus is in the height of activity here with His disciples. They are having a huge impact everywhere they are. The crowds now are in the thousands as people are hearing about the miracles and wanting to hear more of the proclamations of Jesus. We find the disciples on at least two crossings of the lake and at least one foot trip in this chapter. All along the way we are finding the crowds and watching the compassion of Jesus upon them. In the midst of the activity we find Jesus taking the time to teach the disciples in depth about who He is and how the Kingdom works. I am convinced that the three years He spent with them flew by. It reminds me to make the most of my opportunities today.

Colossians 4:5-6 “Live wisely among those who are not believers, and make the most of every opportunity. 6 Let your conversation be gracious and attractive so that you will have the right response for everyone.”

No comments: