Thursday, April 9, 2009

Whispered prayers

I re-read one of my favorite quotes this morning in my devotion time. It is from Francis Schaeffer. About God, he wrote: "He is there and He is not silent". There is meaning and purpose in the presence of God. His system works and is our only true hope. I like to ask God to help me not to talk about Him as though He is not here. If I realize that His presence is everywhere, my prayers are not needing to travel through the skies to some heavenly throne room location. He has taken up residence in the hearts of those who love and serve Him. God hears your heart.

Whisper a prayer in the morning
Whisper a prayer at noon
Whisper a prayer in the evening
To keep your heart in tune

God answers prayer in the morning
God answers prayer at noon
God answers prayer in the evening
So keep your heart in tune

No comments: