Monday, June 15, 2009

Here is mud on your eye

There are some things we know for sure and there are other things that we suspect. Yesterday, my sermon was based on John chapter nine where the man born blind was healed by Jesus when Jesus put mud on his eye. The man was later required by the authorities to explain what had happened. His response was that he wasn't sure how but all he knew is that he was blind and now he sees.

His faith was based on knowledge - "One thing I know" 9:25
His faith was rooted in Experience - "I was blind but now I see." 9:25

Knowledge and Experience together make for authentic faith. Combined they are hard to argue with. I need to have those things at the top of my mind. The things that are without question. Things about the Kingdom of God that are undeniable.

Like the man who was healed, let's make sure we ask. We might also get to move from darkness to light.

No comments: