Friday, July 3, 2009

Downhill to the sea

In vacation mode this week enjoying some Minnesota air, watching the ships coming and going in the Duluth harbor and thinking about the fact that Lake Superior is 600 feet above sea level. I am trying to grasp the concept of those big vessels going down that "hill" through the St.Lawrence seaway. I understand how the "Locks" work, but it still is one of those things of nature that make for great vacation pondering. I completed reading the book, "The Noticer" yesterday and I recommend it as great reading for anyone interested in personal growth. It will entertain you as well as bring you to new "points of understanding".

As our nation celebrates freedom this Independence day, I hope you will find some time to reflect and thank God for the blessings we have in this nation. If you have any change or money of any kind in your pocket, you are in the top 8 percent of the wealthiest people in the world.

No comments: