Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thirsty for more

“Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.” - Jesus

There are receptors in our bodies that tell us when we are thirsty. They are a blessing.

One of the great challenges in life is to fulfill our seemingly endless lists of responsibilities and maintain our own spiritual thirst. A thirsty heart is a heart that longs for more of what it does not have. I need to keep my thirst for God unquenched. I must resist the temptation to become satisfied and safe so that I trust God's power rather than relying on my own ability. In the Bible I find examples of thirst for God. David had a passion for God and The disciples abandoned all to follow Christ. They cultivated their thist by making a decision to separate themselves from other pursuits. They let their motivations come from their relationship with God. They communicated their hearts to God. Articulating our desires and expressing ourselves spiritually will make our thirst endure.

No comments: