Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Zooming

If I was going to put a theme on my thoughts this week, it would be "Focus". Sunday night's sermon was about handling situations that seem impossible. Looking for a good outcome of a tough situation requires focus. The choice at one of those points is to either zoom in on the situation to try to find an opening, or to zoom out to get the bigger picture. Figuring out where we are in the big picture is helpful in reminding us that it is not all about us. Zooming in can be like looking through a microscope. The germs become giants. The scientists may need to enlarge them, but I do better to take the zoom out option that gives me the whole situation. A problem like that won't be solved by me anyway, it will require a "God solution". The art of getting out of God's way and letting Him fix things is worth developing. There are times to zoom in but it is good to remember to zoom out once in a while.

No comments: