Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The River

It's the third Wednesday! Tonight is "SPAW" (Service of Praise and Worship, a time of testimony and a connecting of that testimony with music. It is a time when many will share what God has done and is doing in their lives. The song I have chosen to use in my testimony tonight is "Let the River Flow" written by Darrell Evans. It is a song that reminds me that God is bigger than my problems.

Let the poor man say
I am rich in Him
Let the lost man say
I am found in Him
Let the river flow

Let the blind man say
I can see again
Let the dead man say
I am born again
Let the river flow
Let the river flow

Let the river flow
Let the river flow
Holy Spirit come
Move in power
Let the river flow


I am told that the river near us moves along at seven miles per hour on it's trip to the Gulf of Mexico. Many songs have been written about the mission of the river to flow.

"Take a look at your natural river. What are you? Stop playing games with yourself. Where's your river going? Are you riding with it? Or are you rowing against it? Don't you see that there is no effort if you're riding with your river?”
-Frederick (Carl) Frieseke - French Painter, 1874-1939


Someone once said that a river is restful to people because it doesn't have any doubt - it is sure to get where it is going, and it doesn't want to go anywhere else.

I like that.

No comments: