Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Surrounded by partners

Several of my friends have been making lists this week of things they are thankful for. It is a good exercise that helps to keep prioroties in the right order. One of mine this morning is the great crowd of people around me who have good character. I am blessed with friends that I can count on to make good decisions. These are people that I ask to help me be accountable. They have my blessing to tell me if I am being stupid and they are quick to affirm my good decisions. I am blessed.

Looking forward to the community-wide Thanksgiving Eve service tonight at the Methodist Church.

Give thanks with a grateful heart,
Give thanks to the Holy One,
Give thanks because He's given
Jesus Christ His Son.

And now let the weak say "I am strong."
Let the poor say "I am rich."
Because of what the Lord has done
for us
Give thanks.

No comments: