Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thankful for passions

“What are you thinking just now? What is happening inside your heart? Every human being needs a cause in life, a passion. If you don’t have something in your life that can make your heart pound, that cam move you either to tears of joy or tears of sorrow in about 30 seconds, then, my friend, you are not fully alive. Life is too precious to go in such a half awake condition. You can do better. You deserve better.”
Dr. Wes Stafford in his book:
“Too small to ignore”

I read that again this week and have been reminded of the importance of identifying our passions. If I am not careful, I become passionate about things that are not really important. The Bible tells us to "Redeem the time". As I went into the grocery store yesterday I noticed the door is covered by obituary notices. Life is too precious to not be involved in the cause and passionate about things beyond myself. If you see me today, remind me that "it's not about me". We are all in this together. Think about your "Globality" today.

No comments: