Friday, August 1, 2008

Raise the bar through the day

In my strategy to keep the main thing the main thing in life, I am constantly on the watch for new ways to express time honored goals. My school board hat gives me a flow of material that helps me raise the bar not only in school things but in my pastor role and life generally. If I am to be an effective communicator and leader today, I need to understand what is possible to expect from people. In order to do that efficiently, I need to clarify needs and establish improvement goals and targets. There needs to be benchmarks in my life to tell me my level of achievement. The best way I have found to do that is to create conditions that are conducive to that improvement by studying, praying, listening and serving. I find that I really need to be a better learner and the rest will take care of itself.
There needs to be an awareness and urgency to improve. Without that I become satisfied with status quo. Current state may be good but it’s not great. Excellence recognizes that there is always room for improvement and new levels.

“Start early and begin raising the bar throughout the day.”
-Bruce Jenner

No comments: