Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hunger to know God

One of the desires I carry with me is that the heart of God would be accurately presented when people look at my heart and passions in life. I want others to get a glimpse of the heart of God through me. I have been a proponent for many years of being a God seeker. The Bible tells us in Matthew that seekers will be finders. The high calling that we all have is to know God intimately. We are warned that we can cast out demons, work miracles and do other wonders in His name, and still not “Know” Him. It is not about what we do for Him, it is the pursuit of Him. Psalm 25:14 says, “Friendship with the Lord is reserved for those who fear Him.”

This morning, I read from the Amplified Bible the following passage from Philippians:

“For my determined purpose is that I may know Him (that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly), and that I may in that same way come to know the power out-flowing from His resurrection ( which it exerts over believers), and that I may so share His suffering as to be continually transformed (in spirit into His likeness even) to His death, (in the hope)…”
I am ready to get more hungry for God today. I have figured out that I need to put more effort into the relationship for the hunger to increase.

No comments: