Friday, September 12, 2008

Still growing

I read in my devotional time this morning that the Hubbell telescope has revealed that the universe is still expanding. On the outer edges, stars are still popping into existence. Everything that God created, except for man himself, was created by God simply speaking it into existence. Man was the only exception as God formed man from the dust of the earth. The writer of this devotional proposes that since the universe is still expanding, it must be because in order for it to stop, God would have to command it to stop. The universe has no power in itself to stop the “Let it be” process. There isn’t anything in creation besides man, that argues with God as to whether it should grow or not. Nor about the role they are to play in creation. Only man is given a choice. Romans chapter 1 indicates that it is only man who can be disobedient to his created nature as well as to his creator. I want more of Jesus because I want to follow God’s role for me in creation. I need to be reminded that there are higher levels to be reached today.

An old chorus:

I want more of Jesus
More and more and more
I want more of Jesus
Than I’ve ever had before
I want more of His great love
So rich and full and free
I want more of Jesus so I’ll give Him more of me.


I’m glad God said, “Let it be!”
I don’t see where He said, “Let it stop!”

No comments: