Friday, December 19, 2008

Neatly Groomed (on the surface)

The lawn looks a lot better this morning. It’s all neatly groomed with not a twig or leaf to be seen anywhere. Of course the reason is that the several inches of snow have covered the problem. I really meant to finish that yard cleanup, but thanks to the new fallen snow, no one will know. The problem is that I still know, God knows, and those closest to me know. I can pretend, but the truth still calls out. I am reminded that the Bible says we are only kidding ourselves if we think we have fooled God. “ Be sure your sin will find you out” is a verse of scripture that haunts many people. I am blessed that one day, many years ago, I asked God to take care of that issue in my life and in His mercy, he washed my sins away. I am far from perfect, but that mercy permeates my life everyday giving me a peace and joy that passes understanding. I recommend that mercy to all I see.

Now, if I can only keep that snow from melting : )

Isaiah 1:18 "Come now, let's settle this," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, I will make them as white as snow..."

No comments: