Thursday, December 18, 2008

You can make a difference

I was reading this morning in my Leadership challenge” book and found the following statement:

“Hope…means that no one needs to wait around to be saved by someone riding into town on a white horse. …because there is a generation of leaders searching for opportunities to make a difference….right down the block or right down the hall there are people who will seize the opportunity to lead you to greatness. They’re your neighbors, friends and colleagues. And you are one of them too. “

What I have learned and have stated over and over about success is that it is all about relationship. Our choice is to face things alone or to build relationships with others who are either going through it or have gone through it successfully. Relationship with God beats “religion” every time. The Bible tells us that Jesus went through every trial and temptation we will ever face and He successfully navigated through it. My relationship with Him is key in my life. He represents that hope that I can make a difference.

Three quotes that blessed me this morning:

“I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only more love. ~Mother Teresa”


“How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. ~Anne Frank”


“Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does. ~William James”


Let’s make a difference today!

No comments: