Thursday, January 29, 2009

Nothing but the Truth

I was doing some leadership reading this morning and was reminded that the top wrung of the ladder, if we are wanting to be successful, is honesty. It amazes me when I visit with people who compromise in this area and yet expect somehow that dishonesty is fine as long as “no one gets hurt”. The thing to remember is that if decisions are based on false information, many people could be hurt and the one who stands to get hurt the most is the one who gave out the false information. I am proud to live in a nation that is based on laws that include an expectation that truth will be come out and will serve as a solid foundation.

I have no ulterior motives or particular examples in mind as I write this blog today. I just am blessed to hang out with people of integrity. It’s all about trust.

No comments: