Thursday, February 12, 2009

Expanding Generosity

I read an article this morning entitled, “Expansive Generosity”. It is one of those concepts that only works when we make the decision to search for opportunities. Offering our lives, means to give ourselves away. In my study of the concept of sacrifice, I have found that there is a satisfaction that comes by sharing what I have. Connecting with people in new ways gives me the opportunity to be who God intended me to be when He stamped His image on me. God certainly is the prime example of generosity. He told me in the Bible that I have a responsibility to my neighbor that goes beyond just knowing who they are. I think this is a concept loaded with blessing. If we love only those who love us, we have missed the point. Even nonbelievers do that. ( Matthew 5: 46-47 ) My goal today is to do something for someone without expecting them to pay me back.

No comments: