Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Re-Boot and Refresh

I was blessed this morning as I read a “reminder nudge”, as I like to call them. The nudge came out of Psalm 91:4

“He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.”

This is such an unstable time in the world. As I listen to people around me, I find they are fearful of social, economic , or health issues. Many of them do not have a connection to the anchor of the soul, Jesus Christ. With that connection, I am able to weather the storms through the eyes of faith. I have a safe haven of refuge in which to rest and re-boot my thoughts. I have learned that if I fail to re-boot or “refresh” my computer once in awhile, I find I am looking at pages that have not been updated. That is dangerous because today’s update may contain information necessary for my success. Here is a wonderful truth: God is wanting to show Himself faithful and wanting to download new stuff into our lives. My participation today will determine my capacity for tomorrow’s update. I want to be equipped. Some updates may require a re-boot.

Psalm 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me.

No comments: