Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I am determined!

I like to read Hebrews chapter 11 on a regular basis because it tells us God's definition of faith and it reminds me of faith's value.

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."

It speaks of expectations. It goes on to say that faith is essential if I want to have a relationship with God because He is not going to show up any other way. Following is what I can expect when true faith is operating in my life:

Vision- The ability to see both what is happening now and where we are headed.
Confidence- The assurance of God's promises.
Passion- Embracing and owning the promises as our own.
Resolve- A decision to understand and live for the Kingdom of God no matter what.
Dreams- God is the dream giver. We can be driven by that God-given dream and not
be consumed only by memories.

I can expect to be compelled to serve and act with good attitude while soaring at the right altitude.

I am determined to cooperate with God's will for my life today.

No comments: