Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A sure recipe

Here is a good line that I read this morning:

"God requires His leaders to be faithful trustworthy souls. First and foremost God wants His leaders to keep their word, show up on time, be honest in their dealings, be square in their relationships, do their very best, and love Him with a childlike love. People follow leaders who are trustworthy."

Good stuff to chew on this morning. I want to be consistent today in my choices and available for God's purposes. All the glory needs to be sent God's direction. My life today needs to include a "no quit" attitude if things get difficult and I want a servanthood attitude while I work.

These things are a recipe for fruit bearing and a portal to the "secret" things of God that the Apostle Paul writes about.

In 1906 Howard Walter wrote the following words to one of my favorite all time hymns:

I would be true, for there are those who trust me;
I would be pure, for there are those who care;
I would be strong, for there is much to suffer;
I would be brave, for there is much to dare;
I would be brave, for there is much to dare.

I would be friend of all—the foe, the friendless;
I would be giving, and forget the gift;
I would be humble, for I know my weakness;
I would look up, and laugh, and love and lift.
I would look up, and laugh, and love and lift.

I would be faithful through each passing moment;
I would be constantly in touch with God;
I would be strong to follow where He leads me;
I would have faith to keep the path Christ trod;
I would have faith to keep the path Christ trod.

Who is so low that I am not his brother?
Who is so high that I’ve no path to him?
Who is so poor, that I may not feel his hunger?
Who is so rich I may not pity him?
Who is so rich I may not pity him?

Who is so hurt I may not know his heartache?
Who sings for joy my heart may never share?
Who in God’s heaven has passed beyond my vision?
Who to Hell’s depths where I may never fare?
Who to Hell’s depths where I may never fare?

May none, then, call on me for understanding,
May none, then, turn to me for help in pain,
And drain alone his bitter cup of sorrow,
Or find he knocks upon my heart in vain.
Or find he knocks upon my heart in vain.

No comments: