Friday, August 21, 2009

Happiness

Dr. Dennis Swanberg tells the story of a very depressed man that sat in the office of his psychiatrist. The doctor could do nothing to cheer him up. The psychiatrist suggested that the man should go see Grimaldi the clown. Grimaldi was the greatest clown in nineteenth century Europe and would surely be able to lift the man's spirits. The patient sighed and remained silent for a long time. Finally he answered, "I am Grimaldi the clown."

If you are happy today, Thank God for it.

In 1910, James Mcconnell penned the following hymn:


I am happy today, and the sun shines bright,
The clouds have been rolled away;
For the Savior said, whosoever will
May come with Him to stay.

“Whosoever” surely meaneth me,
Surely meaneth me, oh, surely meaneth me;
“Whosoever” surely meaneth me,
“Whosoever” meaneth me.

All my hopes have been raised, oh, His Name be praised,
His glory has filled my soul;
I’ve been lifted up, and from sin set free,
His blood has made me whole.

Oh, what wonderful love, oh, what grace divine,
That Jesus should die for me;
I was lost in sin, for the world I pined,
But now I am set free.

No comments: