Monday, August 24, 2009

Well, I Declare!

As I read the Bible, I am more and more looking hard at the declarations made by the Holy Spirit. I am glad that God, who only can speak truth, is not a silent being.
Jesus simply spoke to situations or circumstances and Heaven and change occured. That change was a declaration from heaven. In Matthew 8:26, He spoke to the storm, and the wind and the waves stopped. The disciples responded, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”

Another example of this kind of declaration by Jesus involved The Roman centurion who went to Jesus on behalf of his servant. “Just say the word and my servant will be healed. Jesus responded with the declaration, “Go! It will be done just as you believed it would" (Matthew 8:5-13).”

In the case of a paralytic, Jesus said, “Pick up your mat and walk,”. At the tomb of Lazarus, Jesus stood outside and declared, “Come forth,” and Lazarus was raised from the dead.

Since we are "partakers of the divine nature" ( 2 Peter chapter 1 ), Our words (our declarations)are important. They can release Heaven’s resources and power. It all makes me want to be careful what I say today so that I am not hindering what God might want to do.

Proverbs 18:21 "The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences."

No comments: