Thursday, August 20, 2009

Pathway

"Keep thou my feet: I do not ask to see the distant scene; one step enough for me."
-John Henry Newman

The choosing of our daily path is a decision that many times needs to be made without the guarantee of the outcome. If I choose to always take the "Safe" route that is predictable, I miss out on the variety that is available. I will see things today that I have never seen before and I will meet people that I have never met before. Each of those people that I meet will have a significant life story that will make a difference in my life story. There is one thing that I need to be an expert in today. I need to be an expert learner. By observing my path and those on it with me, I gain new knowledge and perhaps an new friend or two. By the way, familiar things can add as much variety and new things and old friends can reveal new insights that only come from deep relationships. There is no excuse for boredom. Look around!

No comments: