Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Journey

For our Men's Bible Study last night, we watched a replay of one of the services last week at General Council in Orlando. One of the quotes from Herbert Cooper particularly struck home with me as he explained why their church has had such tremendous growth.

"Most people go on a journey. Not everyone gets gloriously saved the first time they come, we decided to love these people. We decided to take people on a journey.”

Understanding that God is interested in our journey is a key to joy in life. We tend to be so focused on destination that the journey is viewed only as a way to get there. In fact, the journey is the real deal. "along the way" is as valuable as "getting there". Stopping to smell the roses, and stopping at scenic viewpoints becomes the thing that we remember clearer than the place we were going to see.

I need to really ask the question, "Who am I taking with me on my journey today"?
It may be someone I am mentoring or it may be someone who is mentoring me. Most people fall into one of those two categories. Everyone is deeply important to God.

Don't miss your journey today.

No comments: